World Car Awards in which the journalist and reviewers from all over the world gathers around at single platforms and vote for the cars that are innovative, comes with new techs, more practical to the consumers, etc. This event is being performed first in 2005 and since then it is done every year. Before talking about the winner of World car of 2020 and what makes it, let us check winners in other aspects as well.
World Car of the Year
World Performance CAR
World Car Design of the Year
World Luxury Car
World Urban Car
KIA Soul EV
Let’s talk about the KIA Telluride and why it is World Car of the Year 2020.
- Only available in Petrol Automatic 3.8L V6 8 speed transmission engine.
- Towing Capability up to 5000 lb (2267 KG).
- Heated and Ventilated Seats in Second row too.
- Blind Spot View Monitor – works even if you are taking a corner.
- Comes with Safe Exit and Backing up, Safe Exit means if your rear passenger is opening the door to get out and doesn’t sees the car coming from behind then no worries it has sensors that can detect any heavy object and locks the door until the path is clear, and Backing Up is essential feature for car like this size as this system tells you if any car is coming at your way while you are reversing and being surrounded by cars both left and right.
- Has drive modes like Comfort, Sport, Eco, Snow, and Smart.
Now let’s talk about the pricing and when will it be coming to India?
KIA Telluride starts with $ 31,890 (USD) which is ₹ 24,35,279 (IND) and goes till $ 41790 (USD) which is ₹ 31,91,294(IND). KIA Telluride comes in 4 Trimps with sae V6 Petrol engine with only differences in the features. Right now there’s no official date and no hints been given whether it’s coming to Indian market or not and right now it is available in only Left Side Driver Option. If the car comes to market it gonna giv tough competitions to the Toyota Fortuner, AUDI Q5, Ford Endeavour, BMW X1 and if the features will be same then X3 as well.
Author – Deepak Singh